Fun & Educational
A full day of instructional workshops will take place on Saturday, April 17th at the The Strum Shop in Roseville. The workshops run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Classes range from beginners to advanced guitarists, and include folk, blues, bluegrass, classical and swing. Workshop presenters, including the Kathy Kallick Band, will also lead a group sing-along at the end of the day.
- Workshops are offered three times during the day.
- Spaces will be set aside for small groups to jam.
- A guitar and equipment will be raffled off.
- Lunch is provided with your pre-registration.
Class details will be posted soon but workshops will include:
- Introduction to Band Dynamics (Kathy Kallick Band)
- Elements of String Band Composition (Kathy Kallick Band)
- Songwriting (Hannah Jane Kile)
- Performance (Hannah Jane Kile)
- Accompaniment for Sing-Alongs (Mariann Smith)
- Blues/Jazz (Carla Fontanilla)
- Songwriting (Toni Land)
- Great American Songbook (John Massey)
We’ll discuss and demonstrate the role of each instrument (with a little demonstration by each instrumentalist), the way each instrument supports the others, the idea of “backup” behind the singing,…
We’ll talk about arrangements (break down and demonstrate an arrangement) and performance, and the ways these things can make a band more dynamic and compelling. The band everybody goes away…